A Consistent Team of Specialists
A central principle at ClearView Communities is having a consistent clinical group that is able to establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with each resident over an extended period of time. Our interdisciplinary team of professionals may include these specialists:
- Licensed Therapists, LCSW-C and LCPC
- Art Therapist
- Yoga Instructor
- Vocational Manager
- Recovery Coaches
- Substance Abuse Counselor
In addition, we coordinate additional care with other treatment providers such as primary care physicians and medical specialists, based on individual needs.
Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation
After admission to Clearview Communities we will spend the first few weeks ensuring that an accurate diagnosis has been made. In addition to gathering existing medical records, we use standardized and comprehensive methods to ensure diagnostic accuracy. The methods include:
- Structured interviews for Axis I disorders (major illnesses like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or depression)
- Structured interviews for Axis II disorders (personality disorders like borderline or dependent personality)
- Personality tests when indicated (such as the Personality Assessment Inventory)
- Tests to measure cognitive functions (such as memory and attention)
These assessments are used to make an accurate and individualized treatment plan for each resident.
ClearView’s approach to care is centered on evidence-based practices. Among the treatment modalities we believe to be instrumental for recovery from mental illness and dual disorders are:
- Illness management and recovery skills
- Assertive community treatment
- Family psychoeducation
- Supported employment
- Integrated dual diagnosis treatment
In addition we offer:
- Comprehensive review of psychopharmalogical issues and ongoing care
- Individual psychotherapy, which may include aspects of psychodynamic psychotherapy, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), or mentalization based therapy depending on an individual resident’s needs.
With the integrated nature of our treatment, our staff provides services at both ClearView’s office and the residences. Residents at our 24/7 support level of care have around-the-clock supervision.
Nurturing Good Health
It’s our belief that treating the whole person — body, mind and spirit — is a vital part of overcoming mental illness. ClearView residents have the option of participating in a variety of healthful options designed to promote well-being. We collaborate with nearby facilities and community organizations for physical fitness, recreational and social activities such as:
- Yoga and exercise classes
- Hiking, biking, climbing and other outdoor activities
- Volunteer activities
- Organized social events
- Peer-supported activities
These are vital skills, experiences and positive interests our residents can take with them as they graduate into the next stage of their lives.
Planning & Skills
At all levels of care, ClearView residents receive daily support to develop a plan for social and independent living skills and activities of daily living including:
- Medication management
- Time and money management
- Household management
- Meal planning and cooking
- Grocery shopping
- Learning to live cooperatively
- Social interactions
A Continuum of Care
We believe a key element in recovery is a flexible approach based on individual needs, so each resident gets the level of support he or she needs appropriate to his or her journey to recovery. Our program offers a full continuum of care. It begins with acute intensive care, followed by supportive care as the person gains more independence, and finally case management when one move on from from ClearView Communities.